We provide public, civil society and private sector organisations with the quality advice, strategies and capacity building initiatives necessary to deliver effective and sustainable human settlement programmes. Our work is rooted in community involvement so as to empower communities in South Africa to achieve worthwhile social and economic development.
Some examples of what we do:
- Formulate human settlements plans and strategies, write policy and conduct research.
- Formulate policies, develop education and capacity-building programmes for such projects as land acquisition and release, social housing, tenant management, housing finance compliance, and so on.
- Research and analyse poverty and related social needs.
- Evaluate and assess social and economic development programmes.
- Develop training materials in communication skills, leadership development, coaching and mentoring and conflict management.
- Support grassroots community-based initiatives in areas of need.
As you might expect, INSITE ticks all the right boxes:
- We have a proven track record/extensive experience in the field, especially in working with communities on the ground.
- We have the full range of skills/competencies required to meet and exceed your expectations.
- We manage every project effectively and efficiently to ensure you are facilitated through each phase.
- We genuinely provide value-add, primarily by going the extra mile to deliver a high quality product.
- We employ a rigorously scheduled project programme that provides the bedrock of certainty on which discretion and flexibility can be exercised. There is no room for confusion or differing interpretations about the project scope and deliverables.
- We will not risk limiting new insights into resolving a problem simply to close off a project when the professional time is up. In other words: we are not prepared to cut corners.
- We believe we are among the few who actually link development to people. We have the historical NGO experience and current on-the-ground involvement in community work to truly deliver on this promise. We also actively participate in the social debate and write about key social and economic development issues from the view point of the excluded and marginalised.
When you partner with INSITE you know that your project will deliver lasting social and economic development.
INSITE is a successor to Probitas, a company established through the founders’ (Dr Paul Hendler and Dr Arumugam Pillay) individual and joint involvement in university-based as well as consumer-based education and training for housing and real estate finance.
Probitas was established in 2002 and has traded until 2012 and is still in existence – however the founders and shareholders of Probitas decided to rebrand the company to more accurately reflect its services within the field of the planning and implementation of sustainable human settlements.
INSITE, which is the outcome of the rebranding, was registered as a company in 2011 and started trading during August 2012. Probitas will cease to trade once it has completed all its project commitments.
View our projects for examples of our work – and please please feel free to contact us with any questions.
Profiles of our Team Members are here
INSITE qualifies as an EXEMPTED MICRO ENTERPRISE (EME) in terms of the 09 February 2007 Gazetted Codes of Good Practice and Broad-Based Black Economic Empowerment Act 53/2003.
INSITE is rated as a Level 2 B-BBEE company and 51% of it’s shares are owned by previously disadvantaged people.